Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A bit of vintage. . .

Once in a while, I learn a new craft, technique or trick and get totally hooked on it. To the point that I buy all of the supplies and instruction manuels (yikes, there's that word again!!)
Anyway, about a year ago, I was searching the net for a great idea to make for myself a needlecase. Attempting to be more organized in sewing matters (something I have been trying hard to learn from my friend, the domestic diva) I thought it would behoove me to have an exquisitely beautiful needlecase. My wanderings, and hunting and pecking, led me to several sites with the most gorgeous silk ribbon embroidery I have ever seen and some of the most magnificently hand made needlecases, or "hussifs" that you could imagine!!
So, I bought the books, the supplies and anything else I thought I would need to craft up this little confection. In the meantime, it was my good fortune to inherit a lovely sewing stash, complete with a treadle machine in the cabinet. So, I was all set!!
Here is what I came up with, some for myself and a few for ebay and some friends!!


After I got over this, all these lovely vintage findings languished in the closet of my sewing room for a year.

Until last week, when inspiration struck again!!!

I have made about 6 or 7 of these sweet little bracelets with this same stash of vintage velvet ribbons, buttons, belt buckles and many other things.

I thought they would be darling for prom, which is coming up, but then, wouldn't it seem that the guy would need to give this to the girl????








2 comments:

Bunny said...

Very pretty! I like the look of your blog as well. Nice job, Sara.

mjsred said...

My beautiful friend has a beautiful BLOG...OMG!!!

You have become soooo techy girl,LOL!
LOVE everything you create,those lil' bracelets are TDF(can I buy one???) and I do believe Holt is going to be the next "big thing" in the art-world...gets it from his Grandma,I do believe...we'll have a proper studio-opening for him next year! ;)
Sending you a hug and love!
R