Thursday, April 3, 2008

The countdown is on. . .

My best friend is about to become a grandmother. She is due for some happiness and a reason to rejoice. Yes, she has a lot to be thankful for, a wonderful daughter and son in law, who are so good and attentive to her, and, she still has her mother. But, two years ago, she lost her husband, then 2 months ago, she lost her dad. Now, her little dog and constant companion, is in failing health. But soon, she will have a new man in her life!!!
There is no way I can fully describe to her how this new little man is going to turn her life upside down. They are busy getting the nursery ready, the house in tip top shape, and all the things that go along with welcoming a new baby into the home. I know her so well, and I know that no detail will go un-noticed, nor undone!!!
I am envious of her getting to experience that first breathless moment when the sweet new bundle is placed into her arms. My own grandson is now two, and that moment seems so long ago, even though I will never forget it. I don't envy that feeling of knowing your baby girl is in labor, and that there is nothing that mother can do.
So, we are at three weeks or so and counting!!! I guess she may be to the point where she could go any day!!
Here is some little outfits I made for them:





2 comments:

Bunny said...

These are beautiful, Sara. They will make wonderful gifts for the little angel. By the way, I like your writing style and enjoy reading your blog. I am going to put it in my blogroll now.

LAnderson said...

Pretty awesome - I especially like the blue set in the middle pic - LOVE how you matched the blanket to the bubble - too cute!

Isn't blogging a blast?!