Monday, June 23, 2008

Sew many blessings. . .

Recently I had the wonderful opportunity of meeting several of my cyber sewing friends at a sewing retreat held at the beautiful setting of Pickwick Lake in southwest Tennessee.
When I think how the internet has made this possible, it amazes me. I have made so many friends over the last few years that otherwise, I would never have known.
It fulfilled part of my dream of having a sewing buddie, and hopefully, we will be able to do this again soon.
Brought together by our love of sewing, we also shared the joys, sorrows and triumphs of our daily lives. It was indeed a great experience to be around women who not only love God, but also speak the same language of sewing, mostly for our children and grandchildren. We even had two very young women there and it amazed me that they would want to spend time with someone as old as me!!!
We worked on several techniques, shared by some very talented women and each of us made a pillowcase dress for someone special.
I took them to a special fabric shop in our area, a place where you never know what will be found and we loaded the cars with lots of fun finds!!!
I feel so blessed to have made these wonderful friends, who are loving, caring and generous to a fault. They came bearing all sorts of gifts, food and knowledge!!!
I sincerely hope that this will be the start of a gathering on a regular basis!!

No comments: