Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sewing for a Cause


I was invited to participate in an event to raise money in our county for Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. The event will be a Tea Party and Fashion Show and I always love a chance to promote my business while doing my part for a worthy cause.


If you are unfamiliar with this project, Ms. Parton has developed a reading program for preschoolers , from birth until age 5, for residents of the state of Tennessee. When you sign your child up for this program, he or she will receive a book each month for no cost. They are absolutely free! This program is designed to encourage parents to begin reading to their child as early as possible in order to boost their education possibilities.


My own grandson, who is 2, is enrolled in this program and is delighted when his book arrives in his mailbox each month!! He already has a great love of being read to and loves to look at the books by himself!!


Here is a dress that I made especially for the Fashion show.

No comments: