Saturday, September 13, 2008

Speaking of sewing for little boys. . . .

As I said in the previous post, sewing for little boys is so much more limited than sewing for little girls .I have worn out the appliqued/monogrammed Jon-Jon romper style, even though, being the classic that it is, I DO still love them.
I am constantly on the hunt for cute ideas for sewing for boys. So much so, that I have been sketching my own designs. I think that I have some "Great Ideas" (Holt's favorite expression!!) that would be the makings for a book. Of which, I would include patterns for these designs. However, I am not adept at pattern making, so this is wherein my struggles lie.
I am looking for advice, help and a point in the right direction for pattern drafting.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm sorry I don't have any advice as far as pattern making, but I do think that a book of sewing ideas for boys is a wonderful idea. I think it would be very successful- I'd buy it!

Shannon F

little dresses said...

Well to write it all down would take me hours, but if you would like to give me a call one day I could tell ya all about it. It's really not as hard as you think ;)

xoxo,
Samantha