Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sewing for the grandbabies. . . .


I know that I can now sew for a baby girl!!! It will be about another month before we know if the next baby will be a boy or a girl. But I am so anxious to start this sweet baby sewing that I dearly love, that I got out the project box from Martha Pullen School in 2002 that I had never finished!!!

I had taken the Wendy Schoen class of baby items and learned to improve my hand embroidery skills. After viewing Wendy's work, I was not sure that I could ever be able to embroider well enough to make my work acceptable!! Her work is beyond perfection!!

I have managed to complete 3 of the garments

Here is the first one. This is a daygown for a baby girl. It features shadow embroidered flowers and pink ribbon, feather stitching and granitos. The kit included blue lace tape, which I chose not to use but also the sweetest tiny Swiss embroidery trim, which is on the edge of the sleeve. This is my new favorite trim and I plan to order a bolt of this to use on some of the garments I will make for the new grandbabies.

No comments: