Friday, April 10, 2009

A Garden Wedding Reception

My cousin is getting married tomorrow night and early last fall, when she announced her plans, I immediately raised my hand and said "You can have the reception in our yard"!!!!! Lazily I waltzed into the holidays and then the winter. After all, Easter is a lifetime away, isn't it???? Well, of course, it got here a lot quicker than I thought it would!! However, we all have been busily preparing the yard and the house for the big day. We have worked like Trojans all week to put the final touches on everything. Here is a quick view of the yard:




My potting bench got a facelift!!!!!



Never has a rabbit smelled so lovely!!!




Don't you just love this lamb???? And the preparations would not be complete without a hitch or two. I am so thankful that we got everything done by yesterday, as all morning today we were under a tornado warning. Fortunately, we did not have one and there was no wind damage, but what's a party without a little hail!!!!!!
















9 comments:

LAnderson said...

Wow, Sara - what a beautiful porch and backyard!!! I can only imagine how beautiful the reception must have been! Can't wait to see pics!!!

Janie's World said...

Your back garden looks so beautiful! When I saw your potting bench that looked so wonderful and tidy - like a bookcase, I about died. My is so awful and messy. You give me inspiration to tidy it up!

rufflebunnies said...

thank you so much!!!!
That potting bench has never looked so good and I have my sister to thank, she dressed it for me!!!

susan said...

Everything looks great! I love the lamb and your bunny looks like one of mine (mine is not a planter) Hallelujah for no tornadoes!

rufflebunnies said...

Thanks susan!!
Yes, we were really holding our breath that day!!!

Rhondi said...

WHat a lovely spot for a wedding!You have a beautiful yard and I love the porch. I imagine you spend lots of time out there!

The Stylish House said...

Sara,
I arrived late for this wedding, but hope it was a fun one! Your yard and porch look wonderful what a pretty setting. Cathy

rufflebunnies said...

Thanks so much Rhondi and Cathy!!!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Sara, This looks so beautiful! I am using your photos to inspire me for the upcoming shower here. Thanks so much for visiting me today.
xo Lidy