Saturday, April 4, 2009

Showers in the South

and coffees and teas!! Although April showers bring May flowers, the springtime also brings a bevy of the gift-giving ritual called a "shower", a "coffee" or that favorite in my part of the country called "THE TEA".
Now, why it is called a tea, I don't know, for in the many years that I have attended such events, I don't recall there being tea served at any of them. Ususally, coffee and punch are the norm for the required beverage. With the rising popularity of tea over the past few years, you would think someone would embrace this lovely and genteel art of serving tea at a bridal or baby "Tea". But on further thought, there is usually a large number of attendees, and I guess no one has that many matching cups!!
But back to the subject at hand, which is a baby tea for my daughter-in-law, who is expecting our 9th grandchild on the 9th of May. This lovely event was held last Sunday afternoon by friends from our church. Here are some of the things I made for the layette.















11 comments:

Martha said...

Sara, shame on you for stealing the show at your DIL's shower that way! How could they fawn over her with all of your pretties. Everyone is more precious than the last. You have definitely been busy. Gorgeous.

Cheryl M. said...

Wow! Wow! Gorgeous layette items! And congratulations on #9! You have many to sew for!! :)

rufflebunnies said...

Martha
Thank you so much, you really flatter me!!! What a compliment coming from you!!!!!
I am truly blessed to have a daughter and daughter in law who appreciate what I do!!!

rufflebunnies said...

Cheryl
thank you so much for the nice comments!!! Actually most of the others have outgrown my kind of sewing!!! One turned 17 yesterday!!!

The Stylish House said...

Sara,
I am glad I saw you had visited my site before I leave to visit my daughter this afternoon. Your work blew my socks off, it is magnificent! I sew myself so I know quality. I will add your blog to my blog friends list and your web site to my design resources. Do you make the homemade tatting yourself? When I was in Venice I visited the lace making island called Burano and saw it done, it is almost a lost art form. I have been online a little over a month, and been an Interior Designer many years. I have had a great time meeting interesting and talented people like you. I look forward to visiting with you and keeping up with your lovely work. I wish you a pleasant Sunday with your loved ones. All my best……..~Cathy~

LAnderson said...

Wow, Sara -- you have been busy - everything you made is absolutely stunning!!!

susan said...

Sara, Found you by way of Cathy at the Stylish House! I am so envious. First, of NINE grandbabies and then of your unbelievable talent. What a lucky mom and baby! Do Grandmothers have Sip and See parties where you live? I love that idea!

the pleasures of homemaking said...

Such a beautiful layette - love all the embroidery!

Manuela

Libby Murphy said...

Well Sara, I have never sewed a thing, but yours are works of art, really beautiful - exquisite!
Happy Twirls

Janie's World said...

Oh my Gosh! Sara, these baby clothes are exquisite!!! How wonderful that you have this amazing talent and you will be able to give these to your grandbaby! I hope they stay in your family for generations, passed down from child to child. What a great legacy you have!

ivoryspring said...

Hello Sara,

I just found your blog -- I absolutely love your work!! Thank you for sharing with us.